2000 - Present
Recruited and directed a team of dozens of cast and crew members to produce historical documentary profiling a notorious 1950s witch hunt. Inspired over 100 people to contribute gifts toward completion of the film. Coordinated media and marketing campaign. The film has shown in markets including New York City, Chicago and San Francisco. It is available on DVD through Frameline Distribution and retailers such as amazon.com.
• Co-authored an Op-Ed piece for the 9/2/2007 Sunday New York Times
• Wrote internet copy, uploaded video and maintained regular blog during the film’s production
• Interviewed by print, broadcast and online media throughout the country, including NPR’s “All Things
Considered,” KCBS Radio, Here! TV and the Associated Press
• Film used as a teaching tool by educational institutions including American University, Duke, Northwestern, Boise State, U of Maryland, U of Michigan and U of Virginia.
• Quoted extensively in December 2008 issue of the “Journal of Historical Sociology,” an academic journal read by historians, anthropologists, geographers and sociologists